Many of you have asked me about my Rheumatoid Arthritis and my plan of attack. I can tell you, it has been a long road so far, with no end in sight. I can tell you that there has been times some really bad times with pain and truly missing out on life, and if you find a Rheumatoid doctor that listens to you or does one frickin’ thing more than squeeze your hands and write a prescription, I need her name!!!
So with that said, my Rheumatoid Arthritis journey has been pretty much all alone, but lucky for YOU, I have put in all the research hours and have really found some studies that have found amazing things… so today, I’ll give you a few:
- You MUST be gluten-free. Holy crap gluten causes inflammation. Cut out absolutely every bit of it!!! Follow a Keto diet and get rid of ALL artificial sweeteners. Stevia only!
- Turmeric. Take this as a supplement morning and night along with black pepper to intensify the anti-inflammatory affects. I also cook with turmeric in my Indian recipes, and eat a ton of yellow mustard! In addition, you should consume Ginger, garlic, cinnamon, oregano, sage, cloves and basil. Basil in particular contains an ingredient called Eugenol. Google all of these separately for additional information.
- COLLAGEN!!! Taken orally, in a tasteless powder or liquid, Collagen acts even better than toxic methotrexate. Usually people think of collagen for skin, hair and nails, but it is a KEY component and is commonly given to RA patients to lubricate joints, boost the immune system and reduce damaging inflammation! Wish doctors told you this stuff!!!
- Spirulina– A blue-green algae reduces inflammatory markers more than Methotrexate.
- Astaxanthin– reduces inflammation, boost immune, fights cancer, stabilizes blood sugar….. Google this. Too many benefits to list.
- Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium and Calcium.
Guys, these are just a few. I have not included anti-inflammatory foods, which I will do in a future post or lifestyle recommendations and of course…. reduce stress! Please don’t take my word for it, GOOGLE IT! I will make a disclaimer for you to ask your doctor before trying any of this, but if they are like my doctor… all she could hear was the $$$ as she wrote another prescription.
All of the above items can be purchased at most vitamin stores or online. I happen to be a fan of the Vitamin Shoppe on Germantown Parkway, Cordova, TN and here is a pic of my favorite Vitamin Guru. His name is Nick. He is also a Personal Trainer… so check him out at the store or contact me for his website info!
NOTE: All information above is just the tip of the iceberg and is suggested purely as starting point for YOUR research. Good Luck!